L1-B Intracompany Transfer Visa

L1-B Intracompany Transfer

Specialized knowledge employee

There are numerous options for people with certain skills to immigrate to the USA such as an O1, EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 or L-1B.

The L-1B Intracompany Transfer Visa enables a US. employer to transfer a professional employee with specialized knowledge relating to the organization’s interests from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. This classification also enables a foreign company that does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send a specialized knowledge employee to the United States to help establish one.

This is a temporary work Visa that doesn't lead to a Green Card, however it does allow an L1-B Visa holder to have their family accompany them to the USA.

Unlike others Visas such as the E2 - Treaty Investor and the E1 - Treaty Trader which have no time limit an L1-B Visa have a maximum limit of 5 years.

*** The information you obtain from this website does not constitute legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The content of an e-mail sent to Driggs Immigration Law through this website will not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as confidential.***

© 2021 Driggs Immigration Law. All Rights Reserved