Family Immigration

United States Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents can petition for certain family members who live inside the United States or overseas. The result for these petitions is that the Beneficiary may obtain their Green Card, or Lawful Permanent Residence. Those who have their Green Cards may apply for United States citizenship after either three or five years, depending on their marital status.

United States Citizens may petition for a fiancé who lives overseas. The petitioner and fiancé must be ready to marry within ninety days following the fiance’s entry in the United States and the fiancé must apply for his or her lawful permanent residency following the marriage.

In some instances, a family member may need a Waiver of Inadmissibility before they obtain their permanent residency. This is a complicated process but often necessary in order to keep families together.

The process of immigrating to the United States is complex and you need an experienced lawyer to help you. The Driggs Law firm is ready to help you achieve your goals.